Matthew R. Cody
Location: Walnut Creek, California
Matt Cody joined Dunn & Panagotacos in 2015 as an associate attorney. He represents clients in real estate, business, personal injury, and civil rights litigation. His practice also includes providing advice and counsel to clients with business or real estate disputes and representing clients in alternative dispute resolution.
Mr. Cody was previously an associate at a Sacramento law firm that specialized in government and political law, where he represented clients in trial court and appellate litigation related to ballot measures, education, and local government. He also regularly advised clients on First Amendment issues in the context of campaigns and elections.
Mr. Cody earned his law degree from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge. He graduated with distinction and was a member of the Board of Editors for the McGeorge Law Review. During law school, he also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Morrison C. England, Jr. in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Business Law
- Personal Injury
- Civil Rights Litigation
- Alternative dispute resolution
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. – 2009
- University of California, Berkeley, California
- B.A. – 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Contra Costa County Bar Association
- California Political Attorneys Association
GET A CONSULTATION WITH AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY
Fill out the form and we’ll be in touch with you shortly, or call us directly at 415-982-2100.