Have You Discovered Elder Abuse Or Neglect In The Bay Area?
Entrusting the care of an elderly, vulnerable loved one to the staff of a nursing home or assisted living facility is a difficult decision. The sorrow and outrage you may feel if you have discovered that your mother, father or other family member has been abused or denied essential medical care is understandable and justified — and it may be the basis for legal action.
Clear Guidance And Skillful Representation For Nursing Home Negligence Victims
Unfortunately, conditions in many nursing homes do not measure up to the commitments administrators make when admitting new residents. If you have reason to suspect that your loved one’s serious decline, new health problems or unexpected death was due to nursing home abuse or neglect, we want to know about it at the San Francisco-based law firm of Dunn & Panagotacos LLP.
Falls And Physical Abuse · Bedsores And Other Symptoms Of Severe Neglect
Our team of experienced personal injury lawyers will treat you with care and respect. We are here to answer your questions and help you determine whether to take legal action. Examples of conduct that may give rise to a claim for elder abuse or neglect include:
- Failure to supervise and assist elders who are prone to injury-causing and even life-threatening falls
- Dropping patients while moving them — and, often, failing to report the accident and seek rapid, effective medical treatment
- Failure to reposition bedridden patients frequently enough to prevent the development of bedsores (decubitus ulcers) and the potentially fatal infections that follow
- Allowing malnutrition and dehydration
- Outright physical or sexual abuse by staff that may have been inadequately background-checked and trained in their duties and responsibilities
Let’s Talk Through Your Concerns
GET A CONSULTATION WITH AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY
Fill out the form and we’ll be in touch with you shortly, or call us directly at 415-982-2100.